About New Harmony & Kanarraville
New Harmony is a town in northern Washington County, Utah, United States. It was originally settled as part of an effort to mine and refine iron ore in the area. Settlers built a crude foundry in 1852, but abandoned it soon after due to transport and logistics issues.

Today it is a rural area with mostly small ranches and horse properties.  As of 2000 Census, the median income for a household in the town was $34,583, and the median income for a family was $36,250.

 

 


Kanarra, later renamed Kanarraville, was first settled in 1861 and 1862. It was it was named for Piute Chief Canarrah or Quanarrah, but settlers spelled it Kanarrah or Kanarra.  Its settlers were families driven from Fort Harmony when the fort had to be abandoned after most of its adobe walls were washed away during a month of heavy rains in January and February, during the Great Flood of 1862. New Harmony was the other settlement created by refugees from this disaster.  Kanarraville is located adjacent to the southwest terminus of Cedar Valley; it is also at the foothills of the Hurricane Cliffs, on the towns' east border.  According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.4 square miles.

It is another small town with a life-style that's hard to beat!  It is the gateway to Zion, Kolob,  several beautiful rock formations and the awe-inspiring Kanarra Falls hike.

The population of Kanarraville is 355, with an elevation of 5,541 feet above sea level.


If you have any specific question or would like more info. about New Harmony or Kanarraville, CLICK HERE to drop us an email.